Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Oh Tacoma, how come you're so cool?

So it was supposed to rain today, but really, it was nice and sunny, but really windy too. I went and explored my neighborhood, and guess what! It's great! The main cool thing I found today was this little store called McGregor's. It's a discount natural foods store with all dry goods. And a cat and a dog. I forget the cat and dog's name, but they were both very sweet and the dog came and found me in the aisles and asked for some pets. I was the only customer, and I thought the place was closed. Which sucks, because it's such a rad store that everyone should shop there. It's run by this rascally old mom and pop type (I mean that in the very best way) and they all were worried about me on my bike out in the wind and traffic and crazies.

The other cool thing that happened today that's not that weird is, someone honked at a bus for stopping at a bus stop. Which I thought was hilarious. And then they waited forever while the bus picked everyone up when they totally could have pulled into the next lane. And then traffic started piling up into the intersection. Ha! Also, everyone was nice to me on my bike, even though I heard people in cars are really rude here about bikes. People had really good bike-on-the-road etiquette, and no one was like, "Aaah, what do I do? There's a bike on the road! I know, I'll do dumb stuff like go really slow behind them when there's totally room to go around!"

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad you didn't get blown over from the wind! I think that could actually maybe happen once or twice. Also, I would like to shop there, at the McGregor's. But I live far away, and shop at the Top Foods. It's kind of locally owned. Kind of. But really, in reality, I could probably eat better stuff than I do. But I don't want to, probably. What I should do, is learn a good chili recipe, and a couple soups, and something else and something else, and then spend the WHOLE weekend cooking and then put it in containers and freeze it for easy meals. That would make me a good mom, I'm pretty sure.

    Also, I should can fruit and pickles.

    And another thing, I should go for more runjogs.

    But I want some pumpkin-oatmeal-choc chip cookies.

    That's kind of healthy. If my body would ignore the sugar. My mind can ignore the FACT that there IS sugar, so why doesn't body follow suit? Damn rebellious body...

    ReplyDelete